One of the most common questions from parents is about whether their child is normal. Parents of babies and toddlers have many questions like:
- Is this behavior normal?
- Should my child be able to say more words by now?
- My child isn't walking yet. Is this normal?
Parents of older children also have concerns:
- My child is easily distracted and has trouble focusing. Could this be ADHD?
- My teen seems really withdrawn. Should I be doing something?
- My child seems really influenced by peer pressure. Is this normal?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website has information on developmental milestones:
Understanding what is normal at each age can help you figure out if your child needs some special attention or if it's simply age appropriate behavior.
Post a Comment