- We’re going to park our car by the playground.
- We’ll hold hands when we walk through the parking lot to the playground.
- You can play for 30 minutes.
- I will give you a 5 minute warning before your time is up.
- We will walk calmly back to the car.
Setting expectations ahead of time
One Mom explained how much better her son behaved when she went over her expectations for his behavior beforehand. For example, as they were driving to the park, she would go through what was going to happen:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Protecting Kids From Social Media Harms
Social media can be a great way for kids to connect with friends, but it can also be a source of stress and anxiety. As parents there's...
You dream of your children growing up and making a positive impact on the world. The last thing you want is for your child to be responsible...
When your kids misbehave, how do you usually feel? Most parents report feeling angry, frustrated or embarrassed. When you're feeling ...
You are likely doing an excellent job teaching your kids to keep themselves physically healthy. You’ve taught them to wash their hands ...
Post a Comment