What makes a parenting class potentially more valuable than these other sources?
- The information in parenting classes ideally comes from what researchers and experts have learned works best with kids.
- Classes pull together the best information from a variety of sources and provide lots of ideas so you can choose what works best with your children.
- The instructors have often looked at outcomes from different parenting practices and know what really are “best practices" in parenting.
- You can learn about the normal developmental stages children go through along with common problems parents face at different stages in their children’s lives.
- You can gain ideas for doing things differently than your parents did.
- You can discuss what’s going on with your children with someone who is impartial.