Concerns about How Kids Will Spend Their Free Time
Some parents look forward to the unstructured time their children can enjoy during the summer while others worry about how their children will fill those extra hours. What are your greatest concerns about the amount of free time your kids have during the summer?
When I recently asked a group of parents some of their concerns were:
- Spending too much time watching TV
- Arguing more due to having so much time together
- Kids being home alone
- Going to a friend's house where there is no adult supervision
- Knowing what they are really doing when they are away from home
- Playing too much Xbox or other video games
- Forgetting what they've learned in school
- Struggling to figure out what to do that doesn't involve watching a screen
- Not wanting to read because "I'm not in school now."
- Getting into a routine that will be difficult to break when school starts again
Developing a Plan for a Successful Summer
(read the rest of the article at Priceless Parenting)