- We’re going to park our car by the playground.
- We’ll hold hands when we walk through the parking lot to the playground.
- You can play for 30 minutes.
- I will give you a 5 minute warning before your time is up.
- We will walk calmly back to the car.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Setting expectations ahead of time
One Mom explained how much better her son behaved when she went over her expectations for his behavior beforehand. For example, as they were driving to the park, she would go through what was going to happen: