It is a griping book that deals with a tough subject in a way that provides insight on some of life’s big issues. Reading this book with your teen could lead to discussing things like:
- Problems caused when serious feelings are held inside instead of expressed
- Difficulties talking to someone about the death of someone they love
- Skills involved in being able to listen compassionately
- How people ignore “the elephant in the room” to avoid raising difficult issues
- Importance of having true friends especially in challenging times
Teens are often ready and willing to tackle some of these complex issues and a book like Willow can open the door to some wonderful discussions.